If we want to enjoy life, then we need to know how to live in God’s peace. Probably one of the keys to living with peace in our lives is by taking tiny steps toward that peace each day. Here are a few ways in which we can develop a far more peaceful life.
- Try to be selective with how your time is spent. Often we try to do too many things at one time and we end up not doing any of them very well. It’s important to be led by the Spirit and not by our own means.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no”. Of course doing so in a kindly fashion. We often take on way too many things because we don’t feel right saying no to someone. Just ask God to give you the right words to say when you know you need to say “no”.
- Don’t procrastinate. God ells us to exercise good self-discipline. This means we need to do what we know we must do and do it when it needs to be done. This way your time of rest is far more enjoyable.
- Get rid of big distractions. If you know that certain distractions weaken your will to complete a task like TV for example then make sure you avoid it when you are doing something that needs to be done.
- Make sure to set up boundaries for possible interruptions. We can’t avoid them, life is full of interruptions, however, we can learn to set up boundaries that can help us better manage them in good positive ways like scheduling times when you are simply “off limits”. Then also include scheduling time for breaks.
- Consider modifying you life. Ask God how you can do things “out of the box” in order to save time and trouble.
- Most importantly, pray and then listen. If you discover that your plan is simply not producing any peace then go to God and pray for peace right then and there and at the same time ask Him for the wisdom to help you make the changes that will bring peace to your life.
The most important thing here to remember is we all need to try and make peace a big priority in our lives and to take steps to achieve that peace and always make sure that we let God lead us every day towards His perfect and ideal peace that simply surpasses all understanding.
God, lead me into Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Show me the daily steps I can take to walk in Your peace for me.