Pondering the state of our world lately, I’m beginning to be very concerned about all that is going on everywhere. It seems a bit overwhelming when you look at the lot. Let me list some of the issues I’ve been mulling over, I’m sure I’m missing many.
- massive storms: earth quakes, fires, hurricanes, floods, and droughts happening with more frequency than ever before
- buildings collapsing on workers
- the homeless population
- the state of our elders and the mentally ill
- the people and families affected by drug abuse
- the domestic violence
- the mass shootings
- abortion and euthanasia
- destruction of families
- economics of countries around the world
- morals and ethics of world leaders
- wide spread diseases: cancer, aides, flu
- lack of God in society as a whole
Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy life, love my family and friends, still want to visit and enjoy all of they have to share, do fun things, go on vacations. I also don’t want to put on blinders and just do those things; I just can’t seem to escape the belief that something is going wrong more than the usual.
In my mind I think the only answer is for more and more of us to pray and pray hard! Encourage one another to do this: pray unceasingly!
2 Chronicles 6:40 “Now, my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
James 5:16 ….. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
1 Thessalonians 5 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
2 Thessalonians 2 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
You are loved!